Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Blubbles, Bubbles Everywhere

My children are the inspiration for many things in my life including party ideas. We've had many pool parties, carnival games in our backyard, a Pony Party at the Lakewood Equestrian Center, a Choo-Choo Train Party at Travel Town USA, and a Carousel Party at the Santa Monica Pier.
Right now I am working on a very special family event coming up this month. We are finally baptising Brandon and having a luncheon following the ceremony. Usually, Catholic baptism celebrations are for young children/infants and usually consist of store bought generic baptism decorations. Well, Brandon is four years old. He is far from being a baby and I hope his celebration will be far from generic.
Brandon is very energetic, sociable and has a very bubbly personality. Inspired by his personality, his baptism theme is Bubbles (dots). I've decided to use festive round paper lanterns to decorate and give the illusion of colorful floating bubbles in the sky.
These paper lanterns have become a popular trend in party and wedding decor. They are available in an array of colors and sizes that are accompanied with different prices.
I had been on-line looking and looking for round paper lanterns in turquoise, lime green and white. It was difficult to find those colors and find them at a good price. I'm always trying to bargain shop, don't like over paying and certainly don't like the outrageous shipping charges that are added on when purchasing on-line.
Bling! The light bulb went on and I had a brilliant idea! Then thought, "Why didn't I think of this before?" It really is too simple. The perfect place to find paper lanterns is Chinatown in Los Angeles. I found the right colors at the right prices. There are many colors, sizes and prices to chose from. Of course, there isn't a huge selection like you would find at on-line party supply store, but I found exactly what I was looking for. Plus, my husband, my boys and I had a great dinner there in Chinatown following our shopping. As always, Brandon talked and talked, making friends with everyone.



No comments: